The Opioid STR team has collaborated with the Department of Mental Health and service providers across the state to create a patient-friendly “Medical Treatment for OUD” brochure. This brochure uses a health-literate approach to explain the basics of medical treatment for OUD for patients of all different literacy levels, as well as information on treatment medications, including buprenorphine, methadone, and naltrexone.
To print the brochure using a standard printer:
- Click here to open the Medical Treatment for OUD brochure PDF file (you must have Adobe Acrobat reader to read the file, which you can find here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/)
- Click the “Print” icon on the top bar, or click “File”, “Print”.
- On your printer settings, select “Flip on short edge”, so that all of the brochure’s images and text are facing the same way
- Select “Print”, and fold the brochure in thirds.
- Set the brochures out in your waiting room and provide to clients presenting with OUD (and their family members)